San Diego Velo Social #2

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Coffe Shop Ride

Today we rode south from Solana Beach to La Jolla. James, Jeff, Chris, Todd and I rolled a pace I could manage and had terrific weather, great company, and some very tasty coffee from Bird Rock Coffee Roasters. Yes they dropped me on the two climbs up Torrey but I kept turning them and luckily they slowed down and waited for me.

James is James Stout a 21 year old member of Team Type 1 and a Type 1 diabetic himself. He is a really down to earth guy, as far as racers go I haven't met another as approachable and friendly. Next week he is racing in the Red Trolley Classic come out and help us cheer him on. If you are a Red Rider bring/wear your shirt so we can form a support section. He will be racing in the Pro class at noon I believe, but come watch all the races and have a great time. http://www.socalcycling.com/RaceAnn/2010/red_trolley_flyer_2010.pdf

Don't forget to read Jeff''s blog at www.Bikecrave.com

Here is my data from today's ride, if you ever want to join me for a week-end or a weekday afternoon spin make sure you contact me at weezyrider@gmail.com by about Thursday so I can let you know what is planned.
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 1-31-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video of the week

2010 San Diego Tour de Cure Promo - Produced by Cyclefilm Productions