San Diego Velo Social #2

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another trip up L Alpe Double Peak

Today was a rather easy pace, mostly because I'm not built for climbing and we did quite a bit of it. Eric Bowen, @FitTechEric, and I road out to Pannikin from San Marcos where we met Jeff Bean, @BikeCrave, for coffee. We then came north and then east to climb Double Peak, Jeff had never been up this incline and easily out paced Eric, who left me bringing up the rear, to the top. Believe me that man can get up some steep terrain. Jeff complimented us by saying that it was a gut wrencher for him as well and he has climbed some serious mountains. He now plans to use Double Peak in his regular rotation, meaning I will probably get to follow his vapor trail up that monster again sometime soon.

All in all it was a good ride and I haven't completely collapsed yet so I must be stronger than last time. Here is the data for what it is worth.
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 1-24-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video of the week

2010 San Diego Tour de Cure Promo - Produced by Cyclefilm Productions